COVID GUIDELINE & PROTOCOLS
Face Coverings & Distancing
● All individuals are required to wear face coverings at all times, except when in the field of play.
● All individuals are required to wear face coverings while within the confines of any facility hosting a TUFA event.
● Except for reasonable safety considerations, all individuals should maintain at least six feet of
distance from all sides when not actively participating. When actively participating in exercise
activities, all individuals should maintain at least ten feet of distance from all sides when possible.
● All individuals must screen for COVID-19 symptoms per facility/campus procedures before participating in activities or entering areas where activities are being conducted.
Individuals Confirmed or Suspected with COVID-19
● Notification must be provided to the other group(s) if an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 participated in a contest against another group(s).
Identifying Possible COVID-19 Cases on Campus
● If an individual shows COVID-19 symptoms while in practices, meetings, or games, immediately separate that individual and notify the facility/campus personnel to clean the areas used by that individual as soon as is feasible.
Practice Health & Safety
● The host team will ensure that all surfaces in participation and meeting areas are thoroughly disinfected before and after each event.
●The host team will make hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water, or similar disinfectant readily available.
● Any equipment should be regularly disinfected before, during, and after games or meeting
Teams and Participants
● Teams and participants are required to wear face coverings as described in the Executive Order.
● If you are hosting other groups for an event, as the host site, sponsors will designate a cleaned and disinfected area for visiting teams to unload and load buses separate from fans, spectators, and other individuals not essential to the team or group.
● Access to facilities should be restricted to only individuals essential for the game, contest, or
● Fan and spectator areas including bleachers, stands, walkways, and other spectator areas should be at least six feet from team/group areas such as team benches or performance areas.
● Pregame or pre-event meetings between teams and/or contest officials should be planned to
allow appropriate distancing between individuals.
● Gestures of sportsmanship should be conducted between teams and sports and contest officials in ways planned to help reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.
● All participants should be provided with entry and exit plans for contest areas that maintain
separation from non-participants and fans. Individuals not essential to the team or group should
not be given access to contest areas, performance areas, courts, or fields at all before, during, or after contests and events.
Spectators, Audiences, Fans and Media
●Spectators will be allowed to attend games, contests, or events within a maximum 50% capacity
limitation, provided that appropriate spacing between spectators is maintained according to the protocol, and according to the following:
● Signs and messaging stating any individuals who are confirmed to have, suspected of having, are experiencing symptoms of, or have been in close contact with an individual who has been
confirmed to have COVID-19 should not enter the facility.
● Spectators, audiences, fans and media are required to wear face coverings as described in the Executive Order.
● Pathways for spectator ingress and egress should be clearly marked and unobstructed.
● The host team should ensure that hand sanitizing stations and/or hand washing stations are located at entrances and inside the facility.
● Organizations who are non-compliant with procedures designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 are subject to fines up to $500 for each offense.